Compare electricity plans in Palestine, Texas

Residential Plans

Provide your zip code or promo code below to compare rates in your area:

Palestine, Texas, is appropriately nicknamed “Home of the Dogwood Trails” for the multiple varieties of dogwood trees that grow throughout the intimate community. Residents and visitors alike enjoy opportunities for hiking, walking, camping, boating, hunting and general outdoor recreation at a breathtakingly beautiful 900-acre community forest laced with towering sumac, yaupon, serums and—of course—dogwoods that connects to Lake Palestine, a 25,500-acre reservoir at the base of the Neches River. The historic and picturesque downtown is dotted with one-of-a-kind boutiques, antiques shops and specialty retailers.

Palestine, with a population of 18,617, is a family-oriented community where people know their neighbors. Employment is largely bolstered by Texas’ Department of Criminal Justice and a thriving medical and health care sector available to the city’s large population of retirees. The city is known for having some of the most affordable homes and cost of living in the United States.

Palestine’s location is also a plus, giving us the benefit of retaining a small-town feel with big-city opportunities close by. The city is conveniently situated in east central Texas, 100 miles northeast of Dallas and 150 miles north of Houston.

Fixed-rate plans from retail electric providers servicing Palestine, TX

Did you know you have a choice when it comes to choosing your electric company in Palestine, TX? You can compare electricity rates with almost 300 companies offering thousands of plan options combined. StarTex Power’s highly trained professionals can offer expert assistance to help you find a plan for your home or small business that meets your needs and allows you to pay one of two ways: based on market prices during each billing month or at a fixed rate per year.

StarTex Power, named the top ranked Most Trusted Texas retail electric provider from Cogent Reports, offers both variable plans and fixed-rate plans. With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a fixed rate per unit of energy every month for the life of your contract. What does that mean? That means that you have the choice to lock in a single, fixed rate per unit of energy you use so you always know exactly what to expect on your monthly bill. The variable plan allows for a fluctuating rate without locking into a contract term.  

Temperatures and electricity use in Palestine?

One of the constants that makes Palestine such a terrific place to live, work and play is the city’s long stretch of warm weather. During a warm season that extends from May to September, temperatures in Palestine average 89°F on summer days and often top out in August—the city’s hottest month—above 96°F. Nights during that same period rarely cool below 72°F. On the flip side, that string of heat makes air conditioning a priority. So, while we love our sunshine, we pay a price for those scorching temperatures.

What else must I know before selecting a Palestine energy supplier?

There are 7,696 occupied single-family homes and apartments in Palestine. About 59% of Palestine’s residents live in single-family homes, and the remaining 41% live in apartments or rental properties. The average annual electricity cost for Texas households is $1,801, 26% higher than the national average.

Palestine’s median monthly housing costs, including electricity, are $673 a month. With a median household income of $35,035, considerably less than Texas’ median income of  $51,704, residents should be informed about energy prices, and understand which Palestine electric company will provide the most efficient, cost-effective services. Electric costs require a large portion of a household’s monthly income, which makes it essential that you find the right Palestine energy provider and ask the tough questions.

Contact StarTex Power to compare electricity rates and get started today

You’re on your way to controlling your energy costs. StarTex Power is ready and waiting to meet your Palestine energy needs. Contact us today to get started today.