Compare Electricity Rates in Houston
From Baytown to Katy, Spring to Galveston and beyond, StarTex Power is proud to serve Houstonians and Texans alike. If you live in the greater Houston area, you have plenty of options to choose from for electric companies that could supply your home’s power. But, when it comes to the best overall package and great customer experience, the choice is clear: StarTex Power.
The benefits of being a StarTex Power customer
We’re proud to offer several benefits to our Houston area customers:
- Switching is easy - Sign up in a few minutes
- No worries or surprises at sign up – no hidden fees or sign-up fees from StarTex Power, no interruption in service, no new equipment required
- A variety of popular plans and term lengths to suit your needs
- Price protection throughout your contract's term and the peace of mind you can gain when you lock in one of our fixed-rate plans
- Flexibility and no fees to end your service early when you choose one of our month-to-month variable price plans
- A Customer Care Team dedicated to providing you with superior service to address your needs
- Community and educational grant programs you can apply to for small and large grants ($500 – $50,000)
- Great prizes and rewards through our loyalty programs
Sign up in minutes – it's easy!
You can complete our sign-up process in minutes and be switched to StarTex Power as early as tomorrow. Could you be saving money this time next week with StarTex Power, compared to your current electric company?
Consider these questions when you're deciding which plan is right for you:
- Prioritize what matters most: Plan type, term, price or special offer.
- Are there any fees your current retail electric supplier will charge you for leaving?
- Are there any fees or deposits to pay a new electric provider if you switch?
Be sure to check for any additional fees that may apply on top of your rate each month.
For instance, did you know that the average kWh price listed on your electric facts label (EFL) is an estimate of various charges, including your energy charge (the supply portion), pass-through TDSP charges (transmission distribution service provider), and any applicable minimum usage fees and/or bill credits? The average kWh price can fluctuate based on many influencers. It is dependent on your actual energy usage, and if the TDSP charges change. Your local utility controls the TDSP charges applied to your bill. So remember, when selecting a plan be sure to check what charges your rate includes.
Rest easy with StarTex Power
Choosing StarTex Power to provide your Texas electricity service is a smart decision, and you’re not alone. We have a loyal following of residential customers, most of whom choose to renew their electricity contract with us each year. Find out for yourself why the Better Business Bureau awarded us with an A+ rating. We’ve been listed as an accredited BBB business since 2007. We look forward to serving your energy needs.