Compare electricity plans in Allen, Texas

Residential Plans

Provide your zip code or promo code below to compare rates in your area:

This northern suburb of Dallas continues to attract national attention for the city’s affordability, educational system, and safety, as well as a great quality of life. National publications, including Money, Family Circle, and Forbes, have distinguished this beautiful city of 91,429 with such honors as “One of the 25 Best Places to Move,” one of the “10 Best Towns for Families,” and “Best Place to Live.” Allen also maintains a nationally-recognized parks and recreation program. With its close proximity to Dallas, which is headquarters to dozens of public companies and big-name private enterprises, local economic development officials estimate the median household income in Allen at about $101,000, compared with a national median of $49,000. In 2009, Allen built the $52 million Allen Event Center, a 7,500-seat arena and multipurpose venue that hosts arena football, minor-league hockey, indoor soccer, concerts, and the Miss Texas pageant.

What is the average temperature in Allen, Texas?

The climate of Allen, TX, is hot and humid during the summer months and pleasant during spring and fall. The average annual temperature in Allen is a high of 77°F and a low of 57°F. No matter where you live, you should always consider what the warmest months are like when comparing retail energy providers. In Allen, TX, the warm season lasts from June 1 to September 15, with average daily high temperatures above 88 degrees. During this time, evening temperatures rarely drop below 70 degrees. In other words: The summer is HOT! And while Texans generally love their heat, they also love our air conditioning, which can mean paying a price for those scorching temperatures.

There are 15,249 single-family homes and apartment buildings in Allen. Fewer than 14% of Allen’s residents live in apartments or rental properties, and the remaining 86% live in single-family homes. Texas’ high energy use and higher electricity prices come despite a housing stock that is newer and an average living space that is smaller in size than the rest of the country. Allen’s median monthly housing costs, including electricity, are $1,673 a month. With such a large portion of a household’s income going to pay for these expenses, it’s important that residents are informed about retail electric providers in Allen, TX.

Find the right Allen, Texas, electric provider

As we said earlier, Allen is hot! That’s why lots of people love it here—but for many the heat can be a little too intense, and they need to crank on the air conditioning in their homes. If you’re like most Texans, your priority is keeping your home cool in the warmer months. More than 80% of Texans have central air conditioning in their homes, with air conditioners accounting for almost 20% of electricity use in Texas. That’s far above the national average of 6%. In fact, the average annual electricity cost per Texas household is among the highest in the U.S. at $1,801 and 26% higher than the national average. So, because such a large number of Texas homes are equipped with air conditioners, your comfort certainly depends on finding the right Allen electric provider.

This can be an overwhelming task, as the number of Allen retail electricity providers has exploded in recent years. With close to 300 electric providers in Allen, TX, offering thousands of different plans and energy rates, deciding which provider to choose can be daunting. That’s why it’s so important to compare electricity rates.

Manage your electricity bill with a fixed-rate plan

Any Allen electric supplier will bill you based on energy used, your utility’s transmission and distribution charges, and any monthly and other recurring fees and taxes. Sometimes there are other fees, so be sure to ask any Allen retail electric provider what those are.

StarTex Power, named the Most Trusted Texas retail electric provider from Cogent Reports, offers both a variable plan and a fixed-rate plan. With a fixed-rate plan, you pay a fixed rate per unit of energy every month for the life of your contract. The variable plan allows for a fluctuating rate without locking into a contract term.   

Get  started today!

StarTex Power, Constellation’s brand in Texas, is ready and waiting to meet your energy needs. We’ll work with you to find a plan for energy rates in Allen that keep your budget in check. Contact us to get started today!